Bengaluru, June 01 , 2015
ABB India launched free@home, the intelligent home automation system, at Elasia in Mumbai. This easy-to-install solution brings together the controls of lighting, temperature control, blinds and security of the entire household on a single interface – smart phone, tablet or computer. The plug and play free@home solution is intuitive and flexible for adaption by end user. The system can continuously adapt to changing requirements, thus ensuring security for the future.
“This is a state of the art development in the segment that will make home automation accessible to more individuals and families, while providing a business opportunity for electrical installers,” said Raimondo Salandra, President Low Voltage Products, ABB India. “The intelligent free@home simplifies home control – easier to use and install, end users will find this a notable value addition in homes or apartments.”
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
- Energy efficiency
- The ABB-free@home panel acts as a link with the door communication system ABB-Welcome®. Welcome scenario can be easily set up – lights can be turned on in the stairwell on arrival of guests
- Individual timer programs can be entered in order to control heating and blinds
- Dimmers and movement detectors are integrated just as easily in the overall scenario
- Effective lighting can be set up almost effortlessly
- A central switch at the door of the house allows one to turn off all lights at the touch of a button
- The presence simulation function activates lights and shutters at defined times, acts as deterrent to undesirable entities in residents‘ absence
- A connection with the Busch-Welcome® outdoor station enables visitor scrutiny with videos and photographs that are available on tablets or smartphones; end customers can see who visited when they were away
- User friendly
- No special software required
- Mobile control of the lighting, heating and blinds via smartphone or tablet
- Functions and comfort features can be changed and extended at any time