New Delhi, June 06, 2018: Indian equity markets are at an all-time high. They are surging every day, with a favourable inflationary trend. As a result, the global billionaires’ list is witnessing an increase in the number of Indians registering their names in it. There are many Indian entrepreneurs who are waiting in the wings to register their name as well.
However, one thing is common with all these individuals. They have done things differently, without fearing for the worst. Their courage has been exemplary to build a strong presence in their respective fields.
Here is the list of 5 Indian billionaires in the offing:
- Bhadresh Shah:The founder and MD of AIA engineering, Bhadresh Shah is a metallurgy engineer from IIT Kanpur. The 65-year old started his journey with a small foundry in 1975. He took a loan from Central Bank of India and transformed it into a manufacturer of high-chromium castings. After a few years,in a bid to take his company to the next level, Bhadresh Shah joined hands with a Belgian consultancy, Slegten SA, for design expertise. Soon after, Belgium-based industry equipment supplier Magotteaux International approached him to form a joint venture. In March 1991, the new company was incorporated as AIA. With a net worth of Rs 5,830 crore, the company is on its way to emerge as the world leader in its field.
- George A Muthoot: The Chairman and MD of Muthoot Finance, George A Muthoot took charge of the India’s largest gold financing company in 1993, after the death of his father. Under his expertise, the company has grown fast in the last few years. It announced a 59 per cent growth in the net profit for the quarter ended on December 31, 2017. The total income of Muthoot Fiannce surged to Rs 1,567 crore compared to Rs 1,346 crore during the same period a year ago.
- Virendra Mhaiskar: The CMD of IRB Infrastructure, Virendra Mhaiskar was the first person to get into the toll road construction business in India. The 48-year old started the juggernaut with BOT model projects. Under his able leadership, IRB Infrastructure has completed many complex projects on difficult terrains, and became one of the largest road and highway developer in India. Recently, the company successfully forayed into the HAM space and launched the first Infrastructure investment trust (InvIT) of the country. With a strong portfolio and a networth of Rs 5,530 crore, Virendra Mhaiskar and his company are on course to lead the way in this sector and secure more projects in the years to come.
- Pratap C Reddy: He is the Chairman of Apollo Hospitals and a cardiologist by profession. Reddy is also the founder of first corporate chain of hospitals in India. Established in 1979, in Chennai, the chain of hospitals has expanded into several countries like Srilanka, Bangladesh, Nigeria, Mauritius, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait. He has also received the Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan award for providing unmatched healthcare services all around the world.He has a net worth of Rs 5,595 crore, which is only expected to increase in the years to come.
- Gautam Thapar:Part of the third generation of Thapar Group, Gautam Thapar is the current Chairman of Avantha Group. After studying chemical engineering at Pratt institute in the US, Gautam Thapar began his career as a factory assistant in a manufacturing unit of Thapar Group. After he took over in 2004, Crompton Greaves, his flagship company grew 35 times in the next 10 years. The stocks of Crompton Greaves are rising at a decent rate and the net worth of Gautam Thapar surged to Rs5,697 crorerecently. The company looks in good stead to do well in the future.
Corporate Comm India(CCI Newswire)