An initiative that honours outstanding contributions towards building a greener future
Delhi, March 21, 2018: The Indian Real Estate Industry is on the growth trajectory for creating sustainable living places. In order to encourage new ideas and techniques that are incorporated in building sustainable, aesthetically appealing and technologically driven developments, The Economic Times & Saint-Gobain are back to host the Smart Green Summit & Awards 2018 on April 27th, 2018 at the Taj Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi. The Summit includes multi-faceted conferencing activities that will showcase International and National Keynotes, Policy Roundtables, Thought leadership on Sustainability and will culminate in a glamorous award evening that is set to recognize the game changers of Indian architecture and design.
In its past 2 editions, The Smart Green Summit and Awards has successfully encouraged and recognized new ideas and techniques that incorporate sustainability and technologically driven developments over the years. The third edition of The Smart Green Summit and Awards looks to the future of living places centering on the theme ‘Wellbeing in Living Place’. The categories for the Awards this year focusses on smart living places across the segments of: home, work, hospitality, healthcare, education, and public spaces to name a few. Individuals, communities and organisations are invited to register their nominations for these most coveted awards by the 20th of March 2018.
The Summit is going to witness the stalwarts of the industry from national & international markets who will mull over the larger agenda of creating a sustainable future. In attendance will be an audience of over 500 eminent developers, architects, designers, government officials, sustainability experts, and other architecture and design related executives who work towards creating well-being in living places.
Elaborating on the summit and awards, Mr. Deepak Lamba, President – Times Strategic Solutions, said, “In modern society, sustainability should be an intrinsic part of a company’s DNA. Hence, the Saint-Gobain and The Economic Times Smart Green Summit and Awards brings together the top leaders on the sustainability and innovation front as they seek to uncover solutions to the most pressing modern day environmental challenges. In doing so, we seek to build a better world for us all.”
Each year the awards and summit gets bigger and better. Given the impact the previous two editions have engineered within the industry, this year too, top leaders have been roped in as the advisory for the Summit who will curate the content and finalize speakers and as Jury for the Awards.
List of Advisory Board members for the Summit:
- Angelene Chan, CEO, DP Architects, Singapore
- DhanajayeDake, Principal Architect, Construction Catalysers
- George Ferguson, Former Mayor of Bristol
- Hitesh Vaidya, Country Manager- India, UN Habitat
- ManitRastogi, Founder Partner, Morphogenesis
- Michael Foley, Founder, Foley Designs
- Sridhar, Chairman, IHF
List of Jury members for the Smart Green Awards:
- AbhaNarainLambah – Principal Architect, AbhaNarainLambah Associates
- Ar J P Agarwal, Principal Architect, Agarwal & Agarwal Architects
- Santhanam, Managing Director, Saint-Gobain Glass India Ltd.
- BomanIrani, Managing Director, Rustomjee Developers
- Deepak S. Parekh, Chairman, Housing Development Finance Corporation, India
- DrMahavir, Dean, School of Planning and Architecture(SPA) – Delhi
- JayanthaPerera, Principal Architect, Architect JayanthaPerera, Sri Lanka
- Michael Foley, Founder, Foley Designs
- Niranjan Khatri, Founder, iSambhav
- PremChandavarkar, Managing Partner, CnT Architects
- Sanjay Prakash, Principal Architect, Shift: Studio for Habitat Futures
- UtpalDeka – National Team Leader – Capacity Building for Urban Development in India, Ministry of Urban Development – India
The third edition of the Smart Green Sumit and Awardswill bring to the forepeople and organisationswho haveconsistently strived to offer sustainable, innovative development solutions embracing modern-day environmental concerns. By recognizing leaders who have innovated and consistently raised the bar while still being eco-friendly, the Smart Green Awards in particular will look to inspire others to embark on a journey of sustainable innovation that could help society at large.
We have but one planet, and there is no Planet B to fall back on.
To submit your nominations, please visit http://www.smartgreen.in/nomination/
Corporate Comm India(CCI Newswire)