Malaysia, December 01, 2017: Building on the successful launch of its inaugural edition, The Economic Times Asian Business Leaders Conclave 2017 (ABLC) is back to catalyse the developments in the Asian economy since last year. It will act as a channel for thought leaders, governments and business leaders to further the cause of greater economic integration between emerging and leading countries in the region. The conclave is scheduled to take place from 29th November to 30th November 2017 at the Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
In its launch edition, ABLC established itself as an important economic platform for candid discussions on economic ties, international business, etc. and had the rare distinction of being addressed by The Honorable Prime Minister of Malaysia and India (Via Video Conferencing). The 2nd edition will see greater involvement of regional governments, who are looking to come together to deliberate on the future course of Asia. The discussion will focus around what steps Asia as a unit must take to achieve development goals and move towards not just complete economic independence, but also the greater dominance in the new world order. It will also act as a focal point for discussion between ASEAN, India and the Middle East.
Expressing his views on the conclave, Mr. Deepak Lamba, President –Times Strategic Solutions, said, “As Asia continues to develop and innovate abundantly, it has gained more influence on a global scale. This rapid growth, also offers numerous business opportunities which need to be tapped strategically. The 2nd edition of the Asian Business Leaders Conclave, to be held under the patronage of the Honorable Malaysian Prime Minister and other dignitaries will see authorities and thought leaders converge to frame reforms and strategic ties that will help assert Asia’s position as the torchbearer of the global economy.”
This year the special address will be delivered by senior Asian Government Representatives, Amir Hossain Amu, Minister of Industries, Bangladesh and Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister, State of Haryana, India. They, together with other industry prophets will deliberate on enhancing regional economic integration agenda, eliminating barriers to international trade and investment in the region and giving greater impetus to the sustainable and inclusive development of Asia.
This conclave will have entrepreneurs, business owners, policy makers and senior government authorities from all across Asia. One of the highlights would be the dedicated zone for startups where entrepreneurs can showcase their services/products and meet with potential investors. Making sure that the conclave touches upon all the macro agendas of the booming sectors, it will have Industry focused parallel sessions. ABLC will also prove as a great platform for cultural exchanges that will help understand the common aspirations of Asians. The conclave will host a series of interactive panel discussions, candid chat sessions for exchange of ideas, live talks and interviews with the most influential leaders and networking meetings.
Some of the key topics discussed during the summit were as follows:
- Untapped opportunities to boost Intra – Asian trade
- Eliminating barriers to international trade and investment in the region
- Role of the financial sector in attainment of inclusive growth
- Enhancing collaborative efforts for greater Industrial growth in Asia
- Driving global investments in Infrastructure to Asia
- Opportunities for collaboration in the MSME sector between ASEAN and India
Renowned Asian representatives for the conclave:
- YAB Dato’ Sri Mohd. Najib Bin Tun Haji Abdul Razak, Prime Minister of Malaysia
- Hon. Ranil Wickremesinghe, Prime Minister of Sri Lanka (via video conference)
- Andy Xie, An Independent Economist based in Shanghai
- GM Rao, Group Chairman GMR Group
- James Law JP, Founder, Chairman, CEO James Law Cybertecture
- Mr. Alhaz Amir Hossain Amu, Minister of Industries, Republic of Bangladesh
- Mr. Fakhrul Mazid Mahmud, APS, Ministry of Industries, Bangladesh
- H.E Ouk Prachea Secretary of State (Vice Minister) Ministry of Commerce, Cambodia
- Chheav Pha, Director of Market Development, Ministry of Commerce, Cambodia
- Sushil Premajayantha, Minister of Science, Technology and Research, Sri Lanka
- Mr. Chaminda Welegama, APS, Sri Lanka
- Dr. Chuang Suo Ho, Vice Chairman, Taitra, Taiwan
- Ms. Ivy Ko, Project Manager, Taitra, Taiwan
On the Day 2 of the conclave the 2nd edition of Most Promising Leaders of Asia Coffee Table Book will be launched. It will enlist young leaders who are an important part of the story of a resurgent Asia.
Renowned Asian representatives, such as Mr. Fakhrul Mazid Mahmud, APS, Ministry of Industries; H.E Ouk Prachea Secretary of State (Vice Minister) Ministry of Commerce, Cambodia; Chheav Pha,Director of Market Development, Ministry of Commerce, Cambodia. Also, representatives from Indian and Asian companies, such as Fortis Healthcare & Religare, & Shriram Group, James Law Cybertecture, Hong Kong, GMR Group, Taiwan External Trade Development Council, Ravin Group of Companies, Logie Group, Hong Kong, ICICI Ventures etc. will be there.
Corporate Comm India(CCI Newswire)