Bangalore, June 01, 2016: Shriram Luxor, a residential project from Shriram Properties has been pre-certified gold by Indian Green Building Council. The certification duly signed by the Chairman of IGBC and IGBC green homes rating demonstrates Shriram Luxor’s intent to design and build a high performance residential building in accordance with IGBC Green Homes criteria.
“We are pleased to have achieved this milestone, and it proves our longstanding commitment towards the environment and society we live in. It’s our endeavour to build properties which are in harmony with nature optimising the five elements of land, resources, energy, water and air,” the Managing Director of Shriram Properties, M. Murali said.
The certification was conferred inFebruary 2016, and is a major milestone for Shriram Properties in their endeavour in building greener and more eco-friendly projects.
Some of the key green features of the project are as follows:
· High SRI material on roof to reduce heat
· Large glazed windows to ensure natural light and cross ventilation
· Recycled water used for landscape irrigation
· Natural rainwater collection to replenish the water table
· Electric Car Charging Stations
· Rainwater Harvesting System to conserve water
· Caters to differently abled (ramps at main entrance)
· Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paints are used for internal coatings and sealants to ensure a healthy indoor environment
· Minimization of soil erosion during construction
· Protection of top soil and reuse of the same for landscaping
· Use of CFC free refrigerants in air conditioning units
· Good practices to reduce construction waste generation at site during construction and reuse of construction waste generated to divert for land fills
Corporate Comm India (CCI Newswire)