New Delhi, July 18, 2016: Developers and builders apex body NAREDCO today hailed the minister of urban development for sanctioning Rs 658 crore for five projects to decongest Delhi roads, giving relief to motorists within three years.
These projects are likely to ease the burgeoning traffic on Delhi roads which remains congested whether it is a working day or weekend.
National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO) President Parveen Jain offered his organisation’s services to assist the government in its move to give a better driving experience to Delhiites and people from NCR who flock to Delhi for job and commercial activity.
It seems that these projects have been finalized after a close study of traffic behavior and needs of the pedestrians and other people. On completion these projects will increase the feel good factor among Delhiites.
- The Rs 188 crore project involving construction of flyover and underpasses to connect Northern Mahipalpur, Aerocity, Airport and NH-8 will jam-free access to airport for passengers coming from South Delhi, Faridabad and Gurgaon side and vice-versa.
- The Rs 437.21 crore project involves construction of flyover-cum-RoB on Delhi-Karna Railway line where level-crossing on the road is frequently closed leading to traffic congestion. It will provide direct access to Bawana Road Industrial Complex from NH-1
- The Rs 54.34 crore project for Construction of skywalk and Foot over Bridge at the junction of Sikandra Road, Mathura Road, Tilak Marg, Bahadurshah Zafar Marg near ITO for safety of pedestrians will provide safe passage to pedestrians and office goers.
- Rs 18.68 project involving construction of up-ramp and widening of road near Kashmiri Gate and Nigam Bodh Ghat will have one up-ramp at ISBT to cater to the right turning traffic, mainly of interstate buses, will be constructed for entry into the bus terminal without disturbing the rest of the traffic. Huge traffic jams occur frequently on Ring Road between ISBT Kashmiri Gate and Hanuman Mandir near Salimgarh Bypass. These improvements will reduce congestion near Kashmiri Gate and Nigam Bodh Ghat.
- Rs 200 crore project of construction of 1.6-km long Grade Separator on Rani Jhansi Road involves four lane flyover from Filmistan to Boulevard Road along Rani Jhansi Road, two entry and exit ramps, and two rotaries at DCM Chowk intersection and Baraf Khana Chowk to ease traffic at surface level.
Corporate Comm India(CCI Newswire)